Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bio


Bio:

I decided to pursue couples and family therapy because I am very interested in couples communication and relationship dynamics. I am very interested in emotional intimacy and how that affects relationships, and many other facets of relationships. I am not as interested in working with children because I am not so comfortable with the parenting aspect, but I hope to be able to grow in that area. In the past I have been involved with teen sexual abuse prevention and research on couples who were at risk for abuse. I hope that through this course I will be able to learn more about an aspect of people that was very privatized in my upbringing. I was raised in a religious community so it was extremely uncommon for families to discuss sex, as it was seen as something that should be saved exclusively for marriage. I am excited to discover more about peoples’ attitudes towards sex and about how my experiences have shaped the way I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment